Director Peque Gallaga dies at 76

The family of Peque Gallaga has confirmed that the acclaimed director passed away at a hospital this morning due to complications arising from “past health conditions.” He was 76.

Manager June Rufino also confirmed the sad news on Facebook.

“I am so sad I was not able to say goodbye nor talk to him lately. Peque and I would often fight, but our love for each other would always prevail. He was one of my closest friends since I was young and my heart is so broken. Most of what of what I am now is what he taught me to be…” she wrote.

On May 5, the family of Peque belied rumors that he contracted the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

They also asked for privacy amid trying times.

“They want to honor this wishes that this is kept within the family. They appreciate everyone’s messages of love and concern, but they would be grateful if this remains a private affair. Thank you,” a statement read.

Peque directed the movies “Oro, Plata, Mata.,” “Scorpio Nights,” “Unfaithful Wife,” “Baby Love,” and “Magic Temple,” among others.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post