Kiefer Ravena becomes first Filipino athlete to sign with Jordan Brand

NLEX guard Kiefer Ravena on Tuesday announced that he is now part of the Jordan Brand family, becoming the first Filipino athlete to join the star-studded roster.

"I still can't believe that I'm part of the Jordan Brand family," Ravena said.

"Being in the same family as MJ (Michael Jordan) and so many other names synonymous with greatness -- I want to be a part of that," he also said. "Being in the Jordan Brand family motivates me, because I know I'm joining something special."

Ravena has almost exclusively played in Nikes since his high school days with the Ateneo Blue Eaglets and now joins a major part of the larger Nike corporation.

The Jordan Brand roster features a host of All-Stars including Luka Doncic of the Dallas Mavericks, Bam Adebayo of the Miami Heat, and Chris Paul of the Phoenix Suns. WNBA players Jordin Canada, Te'a Cooper, and Chennedy Carter are also part of the roster.

Within Asia, China's superstar point guard Guo Ailun is also a Jordan Brand athlete.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post