GOV. ANTONIO DEL ROSARIO INAUGURAL MESSAGE



[As delivered at the Hall of Governors, Capiz Provincial Capitol]

Gov. Vic Tanco, Vice Gov. Contreras, Cong. Tawi Billones, Cong. Fred Castro, Mr. Jojo Roldan, Chief of Staff in Congress, Atty. Joe Villanueva, distinguished members of the Provincial Board, Officers & Members of the Joint Chamber of Commerce, our heads of the different national agencies, our department heads & employees of the provincial government, my classmates, my wife Suzette, my children, my family, our friends from the press, guests, ladies & gentlemen good noon.

I am proud to tell you that I have served the government for 44 years and today, as I assume the position of the Provincial governor of Capiz, I have mixed emotions - I feel privileged and happy to be given the opportunity to serve as Governor but I am apprehensive that I cannot do most of the things that were planned to be done for the Province of Capiz and our people. When then Secretary Mar asked me to run for the governorship, he was in the midst of his preparations for this presidential campaign. It was at that time that he shared with me his thoughts and dreams for Capiz if he wins the Presidency.

As a Capizeño, I feel compelled to share with you Mar’s vision for Capiz - he planned to make Capiz a highly developed and progressive province - bring to our people unprecedented development like the Panay River Basin -  a project envisioned to be bigger than the Jalaur project in Iloilo - help the agriculture sector, improve hospital services and facilities, bring in more investors to create more jobs and help Capizeños realize their aspirations for a better life. Today, we know that most of his plans will just remain a dream. However, with Cong. Castro and Cong. Billones, I will try my best to make his dreams become a reality.

Even at the time that Mar was deeply burdened by his defeat, Capizeños were in his mind and so I would like to share with you his text message to me immediately after he conceded to now President Duterte. He said - “Please thank everyone for their support and affection for me and my family. I am sorry that I did not win and make our plans for Capiz come true. Be assured that I will treasure the memories and times that I have spent with your and our people. To the end, I will always be a proud Capizeño and Capiz will always be home to me.

Now, as I speak to you, I am determined to give you the kind of government that I am committed to give the Capizeños. I will serve you the best way I can with whatever resources that the government can provide. But despite my deepest desire to do that, I cannot do it alone.
I will therefore ask you to work hard, make sacrifices and together, let us make a difference in the lives of Capizeños.”
Mga pinalangga ko nga kasimanwa, the flagship of my administration will be anchored on
SOCIAL SERVICES - to give help to individuals and families who are in difficult circumstances,
HEALTH - to aim for the improvement and upliftment of services and facilities in government hospitals, EDUCATION - to provide scholarship programs to deserving students
Creation of sustainable LIVELIHOOD and AGRI-TOURISM projects and the generation of job opportunities. Since Capiz is basically into agriculture, the sector will be given adequate attention.

Similarly, we will also strengthen and hone the Provincial Sports Council’s role for the development of talents as well as nurture and support our athletes.

My government will be defined by transparency, integrity and hardwork - a government that you can trust and be proud of. The beloved kasimanwas. I also want to thank Mrs. Judy Roxas, Mar Roxas and Ria Roxas-Ojeda for their continued trust and support in me. I, thank you all for ensuring the smooth transition of the provincial government to me and my staff and my I invite you to help us continue to nurture the seeds of hope that you planted to secure, stable and happier future for Capizeños.

Mabuhay & God Bless us all!!!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post