ROXAS City – Improvements at the Roxas Memorial Provincial Hospital (RMPH) on Arnaldo Boulevard are expected to happen within this year.
Hospital Management Unit (HMU) head Melanie Arancillo said a third floor and a dialysis room will be added.
The third floor of RMPH will have 60 beds in addition to the already existing 100 units.
At least five reputable doctors from Capiz, including pulmonologists, cardiologists and neurologists, have verbally agreed to serve the hospital as visiting consultants, Arancillo added.
Since Gov. Antonio del Rosario wanted to improve social services, the HMU was formed.
“The priority of the governor is on social services that is why he created a unit under his office that would focus on government hospitals,” Arancillo said.
The HMU is in charge of the provincial government hospitals in Capiz:
* RMPH in Arnaldo Boulevard
* RMPH Out-Patient Department in Barangay Lanot, Roxas City
* Bailan District Hospital in Pontevedra
* Mambusao District Hospital
* Tapaz District Hospital, and
* Sen. Gerardo Roxas Memorial Hospital in Dao. (Capiz Aksyon News Center/PN)